Hair colouring is a practice of changing from a hair colour to another .One of the main reason for changing hair colour is to cover gray hair other reasons could result to being fashionable or to restore the original colour after it has been discoloured by sun bleaching. Hair colouring can be done professionally by a hairdresser or independently at home.There are types of hair dyeing such as permanent, demi-permanent, semi-permanent,and temporary.
NATURAL HAIR COLOURING ALTERNATIVES
There are so many ways to colour the hair instead of using colours that contains several chemicals,that might cause skin irritation. Natural hair colouring alternatives can be done by the use of natural herbs such as henna. teas such as black or hibiscus that are made from black tea leaves and hibiscus .
HOW TO MAINTAIN HAIR COLOUR
In my country, Nigeria hair colouring is not really advisable but if you want to dye or tint your hair you are expected to follow certain procedures so it will last longer.
- Using colour-protecting shampoos and conditioners
- Using sulfate-free shampoo
- Enhance the blond colour in their hair
- Using leave-in treatment with UV absorbents
- Getting deep-conditioning treatment to smooth and add luster
- Avoiding chlorine
- Using heat protecting products before using styling appliances
KNOW THESE THINGS BEFORE TINTING YOUR HAIR
- Get pictures from the internet eg instagram of what you might want your hair to look like.
- Apply hair mask all around the hair the day before you want to tint or dye your hair this will help hydrate your hair and prepare it for colouring process.
- Use a semi-permanent dye especially if it your first time dying your hair.
- Change your shampoo and conditioner to colour protecting ones.
- Make use of a UV protection spray in other to protect your hair from the sun.
- Don’t just go for a swim make sure your hair colour is firm and will not wash off while swimming .