- Skirt; make sure to get a less expensive plain black skirt either from a thrift, you can find a skirt for as low as #300 or search through your wardrobe for a skirt you don’t like, You can use an expensive skirt but please make sure you have perfected the patch work on the less expensive skirt.
- Tye and dye material;
HOW TO PRODUCE A TYE AND DYE
- Wash fabric to remove any dirt that might prevent cloth from being properly dyed
- Prepare fixer water i.e sodium carbonate of warm water, wear a glove and avoid it getting into the eyes.
- Soak fabric for about 5-10 minutes
- Fold, twist or tie
- Prepare chemical water for dyes
- Mix dye colours
- Apply the dye
- After you dye do not untie it just leave it tied for 2-24 hours
- Wash loose dye from fabric
- Finally dry as you would to any other cloth.
check on google to get a detailed explanation on how to tye and dye
- Scissors; a sharp one
- Tape rule
- Office pins
- Needle and thread or A sewing machine
- Electric Iron
- Get your plain skirt ready
- Decide the design you prefer
- Measure the tye and dye material
- Cut out the part you will need
- Use office pin to pin the tye and dye material to the plain skirt
- Slowly thread your needle and sew them together
- when you are done Iron it out.
- Your patch work is ready.
Thanks for stopping by,Do leave a comment in the comment section in form of ‘Disqus’ …Have a fruitful month lovelies.